Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Finally Getting Real Again.




Well after a couple of very interesting days I am back home and decided to update everyone on what I am doing build wise. Enter "The Rooster" who will be known as Roosty. I have had this car since February, and i picked it up from the super awesome David Martin who gave it the name the Rooster. He owned it for a few years and has to change routes in his life and so I bought it off him. However once a car has a name it can't be changed in my book, so that is why we will nickname him Roosty.

So this is Roosty, my 1992 240sx HB. I got it with a running s13 SR really to be drivable with hardly any work. I wanted to refresh some stuff however, along with a lot of footwork and bracing items, as well as some stuff to help the motor breath and respond better. So The other day I began the tear down process of the build. I forgot to take pics until i was already done with a good part of it but oh well. So I set a big list of stuff to do for the day but I didn't get started until about 4:30 or so.

I just started with disassembling all of the exterior body panels and then I moved on to the taking out all that was inside the car. After that I moved onto removing the engine wiring harness and prepping the engine for removal. After the above items were done I came a stopping point because i couldn't remove the chassis wiring without labeling everything and the stores were already closed so that I couldn't go and get tape. So that's about it for day one.


No comments:

Post a Comment